Predicted Winners in Bold
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga already advanced so no need to pick here.
- Andy Murray should beat Michael Llodra in straight sets. Llodra has enough talent to take one set, but I don’t expect Murray to be troubled.
- Novak Djokovic should win easily vs. Nicolas Mahut.
- David Ferrer should beat Juan Ignacio Chela in 3 or 4 sets. I expect a lot of rallies. Ferrer benefits as the match progresses.
Janko Tipsarevicshould win in 3 or 4 sets vs. Richard Gasquet. Janko is playing well, and Gasquet is just not steady enough in my mind to win.
- I think
Milos Raonicbeats Lleyton Hewitt in 4 sets, but if this gets to a 5th set the advantage shifts heavily to Hewitt.
- I am picking Mikhail Kukushkin in a mild upset over Gael Monfils. Kukushkin is solid. Monfils should have momentum after his runner-up finish in Qatar (not to mention his win over Nadal), but I just think he will play too far behind the baseline to win.
- Kei Nishikori and Julien Benneteau are both nice players. This is a hard one to call, but I think Nishikori wins 4 tight sets against the veteren Frenchmen.
What do you think?