Dan Martin’s 2012 Power Rankings for the
Week of May 7 through May 13
1. Novak Djokovic – Novak is the number one player in the world, but he will face challenges to remain number one in 2012.
2. Rafael Nadal – He is the greatest ever on clay. Can he master blue clay in an elevated location?
3. Roger Federer – Fed’s 2012 titles in Dubai, Rotterdam and Indian Wells have him ranked number three.
4. Andy Murray - Missing Madrid almost assures a drop next week.
6. David Ferrer – Can he win on the azul? Change since last week – 1
7. Nicolas Almagro – Could emerge from some shadows with a Madrid win or a strong showing at least.
8. Tomas Berdych – Berdych is still in my top eight.
9. Gilles Simon - A solid week in Monte Carlo followed by a title has Simon rising.
10. Milos Raonic – The big kid has won two titles in 2012, been runner-up at another and just logged two strong wins on clay before losing a close match to David Ferrer.