Predictions for Atlanta, Gstaad, and Hamburg

Predicted Winners in BOLD

Atlanta Surface – Hard Court

Different tournament, but the same result for these future doubles partners

4 Andy Roddick vs. Gilles Muller

Roddick won Eastbourne and should have a slight edge vs. Muller to win a 2nd title in 3 outings.  Muller has had a knack of upsetting higher ranked players throughout his career.  He beat Andy Roddick in the first round of the 2005 US Open.  Still, Roddick should win this match and head to London with confidence.

Gstaad Surface- Clay Court

1 Janko Tipsarevic vs. Thomaz Bellucci

Janko won last week and should win again this week.  It is nice to see Bellucci playing well as he should be a solid player week in and week out.

Hamburg Surface – Clay Court

Tommy Haas vs. 3 Juan Monaco

I enjoy watching both of these guys play.  Monaco seems like the classic over achiever who competes so well.  Haas is 34 and is the last man to beat Roger Federer on grass.  I think Haas gets the nod as he is playing in Germany and has to be close to the end of his career.  On paper, Monaco has to be favored, but I think Haas wins his second title in Germany for 2012.

8 Comments Add yours

1. jane says:

I agree with all your picks Dan!

1. Dan Martin says:

We’ll either look like geniuses or something else tomorrow.

2. jane says:

Looks like “something else”… ha ha. I think we should get Roddick right though.

1. Dan Martin says:

Yeah, Roddick should win today.

3. Jin says:

Hey! Nice predictions.
    I predicted that Andy Roddick will easily win, and the fact that the result was 1-6, 7-6, 6-2, I’m kind of surprised. I expected for Andy to win 6-1, 6-7, 6-2, but the first two sets went the other way around. Whew. Glad Andy was able to win! ^^

1. Dan Martin says:

I agree – the match was much closer than I expected. I thought Monaco had a great chance vs. Haas, but I went with my heart there. Tipsy getting g beaten surprised me.

1. Jin says:

Yeah. I’m also surprised that Tips lost, but you never know what will happen in the sport of tennis!

2. Dan Martin says:

How dangerous is Roddick headed into London? I think 2 out of 3 sets benefits Andy. He just won Eastborne and has 2 or 3 Queen’s Club titles to go with 3 Wimbledon runner-up finishes and a 2003 semifinal finish. I think Roddick might reach the medal round. I am not a huge Roddick fan, but I can see him making a dent in the draw.