Not Everything has been Rosy in the Land of Oz, but a Few Men have Come Close
- Mats Wilander d. Pat Cash 1988 Final Round: 6-3, 6-7, 3-6, 6-1, 8-6 Near miss
- Stefan Edberg d. Pat Cash 1987 Final Round: 6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 5-7, 6-3 Cash had momentum, but Edberg pulled away in the 5th set.
- Marat Safin d. Lleyton Hewitt 2005 Final Round: 1-6, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 Hewitt jumped out to a strong lead, but his double fault at 4-4 in the 3rd set changed his fortunes.
- Guillermo Vilas d. John Marks 1978 Final Round: 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 I pride myself on knowing tennis history. I knew Vilas won this title twice, but John Marks is a name I did not know until today. John Marks does look a bit like my dad does in pictures from the 1970s.
- Andre Agassi d. Patrick Rafter 2001 Semifinal Round: 7-5, 2-6, 6-7(5), 6-2, 6-3 Rafter was one set away from the final, but on this surface Agassi should beat Rafter.