Venus Williams improves to 19-0 in first round at US Open. @brad_kallet reports from Flushing: https://t.co/QOvi6IXEe7 pic.twitter.com/Qp6jeP8lRa
— TENNIS.com (@Tennis) August 28, 2017
- Venus Williams moved to 19-0 in first round matches at the US Open. That stat is quite impressive.
- Garbine Muguruza’s Cincinnati title has her looking like the future of the WTA. She has suffered no hangover after her 2nd major. Her first major led to more than a year of indifferent tennis. She seems to have learned to cope with massive success.
- Grigor Dimitrov has a chance to recover his early 2017 form and make a run at Fedal.
- Sacha Zverev’s summer is what tennis needed after a season that looked a lot like 2006 from January through July.
- John Isner won two titles to start the North American Summer, but is he a contender for the final 8 in NYC?
- Andy Murray could have pulled out prior to the draw being announced. Should he have? I think so.
- Rafa has a workable draw and is #1 in the world again. Is his form where he needs it to be?