- Novak Djokovic – Nole has been #1 in every 2019 Tennis Abides Power Ranking. Certainly, Nadal got the better of him in Rome, but Novak picked up 1600 points in Madrid and Rome and is in command of the rankings race.
- Rafael Nadal – Rafa posted a lot of solid non-Rafa results in Monte Carlo, Barcelona, and Madrid. Rome marked the culmination of his season to this point. Rafa grabbed a win over Djokovic and reasserted his favorite status heading into Roland Garros. Change since last ranking + 3
- Stefanos Tsitsipas – The young Greek star is playing deep into draws. It is unclear if this is the year he breaks through, but an eventual break through seems likely.
- Dominic Thiem – He is the third most likely to win the French Open, but the draw did him and Djokovic no favors. Change since last ranking – 2
- Roger Federer – The 2009 Roland Garros champion has had a solid return to clay, and could reach the second week in Paris. Change since last ranking – 1
- Fabio Fognini – He is a true wild card. He could plausibly beat nearly anyone in the draw, but would anyone be shocked if he lost to someone unexpected?
- Daniil Medvedev – His solid clay court season and talent make him one to watch in Paris.
- Roberto Bautista Agut – He has two wins over Djokovic in 2019 so he is ranked pretty highly.
- Sascha Zverev – His puzzling 2019 seems to be stabilized by a good week in Geneva. Change since last ranking – Not ranked
- Juan Martin del Potro – He has fought back from yet another injury to play strong tennis heading into Paris. Change since last ranking – Not ranked
Scramble on! 😱
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) May 17, 2019
🎾🇦🇷🎩👏👏👏 Pese a la derrota, Del Potro regaló fantasías como esta ante Djokovic. Hasta se ganó el aplauso del N°1 del mundo. La Torre de Tandil está definitivamente de regreso.pic.twitter.com/rzGaBWrJhY
— Ovacion24 (@ovacion24) May 17, 2019