1989 – To Be 17: Chang and Sanchez-Vicario Pull UPSETS to Grab Singles’ Titles
- Chang rallied to beat Lendl in the round of 16 and then toppled Edberg in 5 for an improbable title
- Sanchez-Vicario defeated a seemingly invulnerable Graf in 3 sets to take the title
1999 – Graf Caps 22 Slams While Agassi Grabs a Career Slam
- Graf won her final major where she claimed her first major. In each case, she beat a Martina to do so
- Agassi completed his career Grand Slam by winning where many thought he’d claim his first major
2009 – Federer Ties Sampras’ 14 & Completes the Career Slam
- Federer tied Sampras’ then record 14 majors by winning where Pete never did while also claiming the first men’s career Grand Slam since Agassi in 1999
2019 – ????
- Nole Slam 2.0 or Rafa’s Dirty Dozen or Federer’s Winner Winner Chicken Dinner or Thiem breaks through the Oligopoly … ?
Years ending in 9 have produced historically seismic results in the past. It might happen once again, but if so, the biggest story is unclear