Dan Martin’s 2012 Power Rankings for the
Week of April 15 through April 21 – Not a lot of change this week
1. Novak Djokovic – Novak is clearly the number one player in the world.
2. Roger Federer – Fed’s 2012 titles in Dubai, Rotterdam and Indian Wells have him holding the number two spot.
3. Rafael Nadal – Will Rafa win 8 in a row? We know he can, and I think there is a good chance that he will win Monte Carlo yet again.
4. Andy Murray - Could Andy breakthrough on clay where the pressure and expectations on him are lower?
5. David Ferrer – Ferrer looked great in Davis Cup play.
6. Juan Martin del Potro – Delpo paced Argentina with two singles wins.
7. Nicolas Almagro – Almagro also looked solid in Davis Cup.
8. Juan Monaco – Monaco beat Isner so he swaps places with big John. His play in Miami and Houston have Monaco looking like a true top 10 player. Change from last week +1
9. John Isner - He is still playing well despite his runner-up finish in Houston. I am sad he will not be playing Monte Carlo, but I think stamina is something John has to be mindful of during this clay court season. Change from last week – 1
10. Tomas Berdych - Two singles wins in Davis Cup signal his return to my non-binding top 10.