Dan Martin’s 2012 Power Rankings for the
Week of May 14 through May 20
(a lot of changes from the last few weeks)
1. Novak Djokovic – Novak is the number one player in the world, but the next few months will be interesting.
2. Roger Federer – Titles in Dubai, Rotterdam, Indian Wells and Madrid have Roger Federer surging in the computer rankings an in my 2012 Power Ranking. Change from last week +1
3. Rafael Nadal – Rafa seems very negative in his demeanor and verbiage this season. I think he can harness anger in the short term to some success, but it does not seem like a formula for long-term success. Change from last week – 1
4. Juan Martin del Potro – Winning Estoril and making a solid run in Madrid have JMDP moving ahead of Andy Murray in my eyes. Change from last week + 1
5. Andy Murray – Missing Madrid assured a drop. Change from last week – 1
9. Gilles Simon – Solid enough to be #9 on the countdown.
10. Janko Tipsarevic – Tipsy upset Nole and reached the Madrid semifinal round. That is enough to enter the top 10. Change from last week – Not Ranked
Dropped Out – Milos Raonic
Mover of the Week – Tomas Berdych +2