Davis Cup 2014
- Spain falling behind 2-0 to Germany looks off until one sees Spain’s roster
- Switzerland could be favored to take the cup this year. The Swiss lead Serbia 2-0
- France and the Czech Republic are Contenders even if the Czechs are tied 1-1 after day 1
- Carlos Berlocq needs to calm down
- The US Team … is down 0-2: Why play on clay? It may be Murray’s worst surface, but does it benefit a single player on the US roster? The US path to victory had to focus on winning doubles and the two singles matches not featuring Murray. That plan is DOA.
- I don’t blame Courier or the clay. I just think US men’s tennis is in the worst shape it has been in since I started playing tennis in 1985. We don’t have a Sampras, Connors, Agassi or McEnroe. We don’t have a Courier, Chang, or Roddick. We don’t have a Todd Martin, Aaron Krickstein, Mal Washington or even a Patrick McEnroe (1991 Australian Open semifinalist). John Isner has reached 1 Grand Slam quarterfinal. That is as far as any current US player has gone in a Grand Slam. Robby Ginepri did reach the 2005 US Open semifinal and is currently ranked in the top 250 in the world so maybe I spoke too soon.