- Novak Djokovic cemented his status as a heavy favorite entering the 2016 Australian Open. He has tons of confidence and momentum heading into his best major. What is not to like?
- Stan Wawrinka is my early #2 pick for the Aussie title. He and Novak have played five set matches each of the past 3 Australian Opens with Nole leading 2-1. Stan won a tune-up and seems ready to me.
- Milos Raonic delivered a message about 2015 being in his past with a straight sets win over Roger Federer. More impressive is that neither set even reached a tiebreak.
- Victoria Azarenka is likely back in the mix as a top threat for major titles. She recorded an impressive win over Angelique Kerber and enters the Australian Open with the women’s draw in need of a MASH unit.
- Garbine Muguruza said a lot of the women’s tour players hate each other. My gut tells me she is not naive in her assertion.
- Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer seem to be in good spirits coming off of runner-up finishes. Neither is likely as happy as Borna Coric after reaching his first ever final.