— TENNIS.com (@Tennis) November 2, 2016
Predicted Winners in BOLD
(9) Marin Cilic VS (8) David Goffin – David Goffin has won all 3 of their matches (all held in 2016) and has won 7 of his 8 sets versus Marin Cilic this year. For that reason, I have to pick Goffin, but I also think Cilic is on quite a roll at the moment.
(12) Richard Gasquet VS Jack Sock – Gasquet’s experience should give him an edge versus Sock.
(1) Novak Djokovic VS (14) Grigor Dimitrov – Djokovic seems motivated to remain number one, and that is bad news for Dimitrov.
They were just kids in 2007
(13) Lucas Pouille VS (2) Andy Murray – Murray was not at his best in the round of 32, and Pouille is seen as an emergent talent. I think Murray wins so long as he is not too tight over the ranking battle.
(5) Kei Nishikori VS (11) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga – I like Tsonga to pull a minor upset.
(7) Tomas Berdych VS Gilles Simon – I again will select a French player to pull a minor upset in Paris.
(16) Pablo Cuevas VS (4) Milos Raonic – Milos should win this match especially on this surface, but Milos has struggled a bit since an anemic Cincinnati semifinal performance.
(Q) Jan-Lennard Struff VS John Isner – Isner has to love his draw.