Dreddy vs. Kyrgios could be unreal
Predicted Winners in BOLD – This is a Great Slate of Matches for Day 5
JMdP -“Hey, you know I’m not in the big 4, but I have a major title.” SW – “Well, I’ve got two.”
(PR) Juan Martin del Potro VS (4) Stan Wawrinka – If JMDP were a little more battle tested, I’d be tempted to pick him. Still, Stan seems like the more likely winner.
(3) Roger Federer VS Daniel Evans – Roger should claim his 2nd consecutive Brit.
(1) Novak Djokovic VS (28) Sam Querrey – Good for Sam to be ranked highly enough to be seeded after a lot of setbacks with injuries, but I don’t think he can beat Novak.
(27) Jack Sock VS (6) Milos Raonic – Milos’ serve should be the difference.
(15) Nick Kyrgios VS (WC) Dustin Brown – This one is for the fans. I think it will go four, but Stepanek was good sparring to get Nick ready for a net rushing attack.
Andrey Kuznetsov VS (5) Kei Nishikori -Kei will probably win, but I think he is vulnerable on grass.
Benjamin Becker VS (10) Tomas Berdych
(11) David Goffin VS Denis Istomin – Goffin needs to manage his service games well, or this pick will look silly.
Juan Monaco VS (12) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga – A healthy Jo-Wilfried wins this match.
(9) Marin Cilic VS (Q) Lukas Lacko – The palindrome advances.
(18) John Isner VS (Q) Matthew Barton – Isner has to like his 2nd round draw.
Steve Johnson VS Grigor Dimitrov – I am wrestling with this pick. Johnson just won a title and is on a winning streak. Dimitrov seems to be rebounding from a patch of bad form. I think Dimitrov wins in 4 tight sets.
(24) Alexander Zverev VS Mikhail Youzhny – This is tricky because I could see Youzhny use enough variety to make his experience the difference. Still, I think young talent is often rewarded on grass.
— Wimbledon (@Wimbledon) June 30, 2016
Fabio Fognini VS (22) Feliciano Lopez – This should be fun. I think FLo’s lefty serve and ability to finish points at the net will be a plus. If Fognini gets rolling, Lopez will need to weather the storm by manufacturing service holds.
(32) Lucas Pouille VS Donald Young – I don’t have a lot of confidence in either player.
Pierre-Hugues Herbert VS Nicolas Mahut – Mahut loves grass and will likely clip his doubles partner in 3 or 4 sets.